Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Thundering Fish


Derek Fisher suited up for the Oklahoma City Thunder tonight after signing with the team earlier today.  with this move it's obvious that Fish wants to win another championship this year.  shacking up with OKC and turning down an offer from the Miami Heat tells me a few things about Derek Fisher.


1)  he has the desire to win.  pretty much everyone in the NBA wants to win a championship (with exception of the few bench warmers who are just glad to be in the NBA) but there are few with Kobe's resolve to just win.  Derek Fisher after winning 5 titles with the Lakers Derek would love to get that coveted number 6 before Kobe.  he has the desire and the pedigree.


2)  choosing the Thunder over Heat tells me he has loyalty.  at least that's what I hope.  obviously, I don't have any kind of in with anyone in the D-Fish camp but I consider myself an optimist.  so for clarification, I would like to think that OKC won the Fish bid because he didn't want to play with LeBron, D-Wade and co.  maybe it's an eastern conference vs western conference thing but what it probably boiled down to Oklahoma could give Derek more money then Miami could.


looking up at the picture above also tells me a few things about Derek Fisher.


1)  he got a huge bottom lip.


2)  that bottom lip of his is hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment