Friday, February 3, 2012

Best Point Guards in the NBA.

So, the other day I was watching First and 10 and they had, Laker alum, Kurt Rambis on with Stephen A. Smith discussing their top 5 point guards in the NBA. I couldn't find the actual footage but here is a video link with only Mr. Rambis.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7532487
My top 5 are...
1. Chris Paul - I actually like Williams better and think he is overall better. That being said, I feel Paul is more of a winner than Williams. Paul seems a little bit more deceptive when playing. He seems to flow effortlessly. Again, my top two are pretty much a tie.
2. Deron Williams - I love his overall game on the court. Yes, i said love. While watching he always seems in a hurry and will run out of energy. Yet he never does. I think he could be more into basketball than he is off the court. I still feel he should have stayed in Utah or went somewhere else. Again, its a close second for me here.
3. Derrick Rose - Boy has skills. Its hard to be "The Man" on a team when you're a point guard, without some help. As much as some might like his supporting cast, I'm not a fan. I would rate Rose higher but he needs to close games more often. Missed free throws lately, ouch. That being said, I still like him. Develop more of shot and clutch gene and he moves up.
4. Rajon Rondo - I like his game quite possibly the most. He gets his teammates involved and wins by doing the other things besides scoring. Yes, It's nice when you have Teammates with the names of Pierce, Allen, and Garnett. But they are older, so... Yes, I wouldn't want him to take the last shot in crunch time. See last sentence. He does get steals, rebounds, assists, whatever you need him to do in crucial moments. He not brash and full of himself but stays humble. Needs to find a new team or start recruiting people.
5. Russell Westbrook - He's athletic as any one in the NBA. He can score. He can play some D. He can pass. He's not consistent. He's a bit too selfish. He's young. He has a super star next to him. Can he learn and be humble enough to make it higher. Time will tell. I like the possibilities.
Thats it. There are others, some old, some not. But thats my top 5. What are yours?

1 comment:

  1. Best 5 point guards of all time:

    1-Dylan
    2-Dylan
    3-Dylan
    4-Dylan
    5-Dylan

    "I spit hot fire."-Dylan

    ReplyDelete